Re: ODD DESTINATIONS

John Cleverdon wrote:

> Then there is "Ellam" in the Mallee, in Victoria.
> When the townspeople were choosing a name, someone decided the place was a bit
> "backward", hence the name.

Years ago when I was a postman I started at a new post office one day to
find a mail bag marked Mahtle. I was curious as I had never heard of the
place. It turns out that it is Eltham spelled backwards and it was used
as there were 2 mail runs that went from Lismore to Eltham by different
routes.

Don't ever say Australia Post is not ingenious.

Barry Campbell