Re: And the winner is (Part 1)

In article <376AC7F8.6E7B@REMOVEiprolink.co.nz>,
  David McLoughlin <davemcl@REMOVEiprolink.co.nz> wrote:

> Does the split of the system mean that Yarra trams will buy one kind
of
> LF tram and Swanston trams another kind? Or will common sense prevail
> and both companies will call a joint tender to keep the price down?

Unless the Metrolink consortium gets Swanston trams, I would say it is
most likely that the different franchises will get different trams. I
believe that Alstom and Adtranz (and maybe Siemens?) are in consortiums
of their own, and I imagine that any bidders that don't have a
manufacturer as part of their consortium already have a preferred
manufacturer selected.

> David McLoughlin
> Auckland New Zealand

Rob