Melbourne (Victoria, Australia) tram news....

I spotted A2.274 running on the route 12 the other day - this is a
Southbank Depot route and is a "heritage" route for which the W class
trams are used.  I guess during the current shortage of Yarra trams W
class trams, a B class was swapped for a Camberwell Depot A class.

Z3.160 has once again received a part repaint to it's "Melbourne" livery.
It was in service on Tue-15-June-1999, with it not promoting anything -
i.e. just in the "Melbourne" livery with plain white where it usually
promotes events. (See photo and history of my web page if you're confused)
By Fri-18-06-1999 it was in service promoting (quote) "Melbourne City
offers you a warm welcome" and "Melbourne's Great Indoors".  Elsewhere on
the tram, some text reads: "Swanston Trams proudly supports Melbourne" (or
something to that effect)

B2.2100 is still running around with an analogue clockface mounted above
one of it's doorways (I reported this about 2 - 3 months ago).  Please see
Rail News Victoria (June 1999), page 34 for a photo.

Z3.179 is still running, advertising Australia Day 1999.  Perhaps they're
going to keep it running until next year - all that will need to be
changed is the four number digits!

Gareth.

 Gareth Lumsden     s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au    glums112@yahoo.com
 Gareth's Railway Web Page        http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~s9763278