Re: BB18 1/4

In article <3768e3cc.0@news.bris.corplink.com.au>,
  "MattyQ" <matticueQ@corplink.com.au> wrote:

> Is this absolutely correct? I was of the impression that 1089 was the
one
> undergoing major overhaul (and still is). 1079 is the 2nd BB18 1/4 to
be
> restored as well as AC16 220. I am not 100% certain on this but will
start
> asking questions. Can someone confirm or deny please?

When QR steam ended in 1969/1970, I think both BB18 1/4
1079 and 1089 were retained for excursions - based at North
Ipswich.  1089 was withdrawn some time during the 1970s, but
1079 continued in use right up to the mid 1990s, when it was
withdrawn for the major overhaul just completed.  I travelled
from Rockhampton to Winton behind 1079 in 1992 - the ARHS
Longreach Centenary tour.  1079 worked a lot of ARHS excursions
around that time - Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers tours, Tara
(Glenmorgan Branch) from Toowoomba, various Gympie tours, and
longer tours like the Longreach centenary.

Can someone confirm my belief that 1089 was retained after
1969 but withdrawn during the '70s?

--
This account is a spam filter.  Please send e-mail replies to:
colingw<AT>foxboro.com.au

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/