Re: level crossinfg idiots.

Bentleigh is one of a number of level crossing locations with excellent
visibility in both up and down directions. People can easily see any
approaching trains.

Due to this good visibility, a local bus company has instructed its drivers
that, in the event of the booms being stuck down due to a signalling failure
on this section of line, to have someone lift the offending boom, and drive
the bus across!

I have seen it done, despite the heavy fines payable if caught driving a
vehicle across when booms are down,

Cheers
John Wayman

3768B574.E7B732CA@connect.com.au">news:3768B574.E7B732CA@connect.com.au...