Re: Timetable for Yaraka goods

Stuart Thyer <sthyer@anatomy.unimelb.edu.au> wrote in article
<sthyer-1606991442130001@anatpc94.anatomy.unimelb.edu.au>...
> Does anyone have or know where to obtain an up to date timetable for the
> Yaraka goods.  I have a copy of it departing Emerald 0050 Wednesday.  Is
> it still operating to the same timetable?? I am looking to do it in
August

> TIA
>
> --
> Stuart Thyer
> Photographer-Department of Anatomy
> University of Melbourne

The Yaraka goods is not an advertised service, so there is no offical
timetable outside
of QR.  The old QR maxim "service is subject to cancellation or alteration
without
notice" applies.

AFAIK, 0050 Wednesday is still the scheduled departure time, arriving back
mid-morning
Thursday.  You will have to get in contact with the Ticket Office at
Emerald on the day
prior at least, to make sure that the van is prepared for you.

Have a good trip, i think you will enjoy it.  The Yaraka goods must be one
of the last
non - tourist trap rail adventures left in this country.

John McCandless
Queensland Rail,
Cloncurry NW Qld