Re: RAILPAGE

Yuri J Sos/Melbourne wrote:

> I've been in and out of Railpage several times over the last couple of
> days working on a couple of pages.  Apart from a slow load (network
> congestion?) between 9 and 10 this morning, I've had no problems with
> access at all.

The server (hence RailPage) doesn't actually go down very often. It has been
rebooted a few times in the last month, but it's only offline for a few
minutes at a time.

What happens is that there is a particularly annoying router between us
and the rest of the world. It has been doing a yo-yo act for several weeks.

If you think RailPage is down, try doing a traceroute and see where it stalls.
Had you checked last night, you would have seen that Optus was to blame
(again!).

Cheers
David