Re: BL on Overland last Friday (11/6)

On Mon, 14 Jun 1999 22:52:01 GMT, David<mercury@nospam.netcon.net.au>
wrote:

>Saw the overland crossing the North Melbourne flyover just after 8am
>on Friday headed by a steel link BL.  Does anyone know if this was a
>transfer movement or had an NR failed ?  Given that the BL was on SG
>bogies I would assume a transfer from Dry Creek.  For the record the
>overland was up to 11 cars, 8 of which were passenger carrying, plus a
>car carrier.  Probably to do with the long weekend.

The Overland is normally hauled by either BL27 or BL33. Both are
painted in the SteelLink livery.
Nr's are used occaisionally, usually on Thursdays or when a BL fails.
Bl's are normal on this train.

Cheers

Krel

Steamfreight 99 at Victorian Goldfields Railway - July 17-18 1999.

VGR website http://www.castlemaine.net.au/~vgr/

Waxy Wary Zany Zebu