Re: Sat night's tv show

PETer and susAN wrote in message <3764aa04.34358714@news.ion.com.au>...
>So far no mention of the show on Ch 10 last Sat night.
>
>My personal verdict?  Apart from the Mary Valley section and the A10
>part; not really about trains. Seemed to be more about tourism!
>
>Cheers
>Peter Cokley

Would agree with you - from a Rail enthusiast's point of view somewhat short
on detail about trains themselves.  I don't think you'd find a documentary
solely about trains would make prime time television, if it were shown it
would probably be at 3 am as a filler.  But I think we've got to look at the
big picture here - Scott is appealing more to the mass market, who may have
limited interest in trains.  What's more, showing the country, scenery and
people where the trains run should be a real boost to the tourist industry,
and help get more people to use the trains.  What we need is an awareness
that trains do still operate in Australia, whether they be government,
private or heritage.  Scott is achieving this very well, if the first
episode is anything to go by.   A good portion of Canberra's population
don't know that there is a rail service from here to Sydney for example,
amazing but true!

 Regards

David Bennetts