Re: Melbourne Trams

Krel <krel4203@netconnect.com.au> wrote in message
3762f75b.248920@news.netconnect.com.au">news:3762f75b.248920@news.netconnect.com.au...
> On Sat, 12 Jun 1999 21:42:57 +1000, David Lindstrom
> <D_Lindstrom@bigpond.com> wrote:
>
> >Could anyone let me know where the Hanna Street Depot was?
> >
> At the risk of stating the obvious - Was it in Hanna Street?

Yes, it was, until that street was widened and renamed Kingsway. The depot
was known as South Melbourne Depot until it closed about 2 years ago, being
replaced by Southbank Depot. The depot letter on run number plates for South
Melbourne (and still, for Southbank) was A for 'Annah'! (They couldn't use H
as that was Hawthorn.) (But explain V for Camberwell!!!!)

(BTW, not exactly a rail subject, but does anyone know why the depot letter
for Sydney's Mona Vale bus depot is F - except that it's Far away!)

--
Rgds

Ron BESDANSKY (formerly Ron BEST)