Re: Sydenham Blockade

BJ <macgunzal@REMOVEbigpond.com> wrote in message news:32E73.8018

**SNIP**

> Some time ago I read of an extremely similar incident in the USA where a
> teenager was killed in front of a train. The parents of course tried to
sue
> the railways. When suicide was actually determined, the parents then tried
> to sue the coroner saying "our son would never do a thing like that".
> Typical case of people not accepting responsibility for their own actions
> and always trying to blame someone else first...

The more and more people don't take responsibility for their actions the
more self centred, selfish, uncaring people will become. I've seen this in
Sydney with the increase in road rage (I mean those idiots should get a
life, an extra 30 seconds to their journey won't kill them), the increasing
severity of violence (there is a big difference to getting into a fist
fight, and a bunch of 20 blokes kicking the shit out of you, sending you to
hospital) and the increasing disrespect for authority (the politicians don't
help this).

Ben Staples