Re: Metro Light Rail/ SLR ticket machines.

Matthew Geier wrote in message <7jo08v$5h9$1@metro.ucc.usyd.edu.au>...
>In article <7jnoed$ccc$1@toto.tig.com.au>, Peter R K <peterrk@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>>It's good news they have finally given the TVM's away. They were very
>>confusing to use, especially for visitors and more often than not would
take
>>your money and not issue a ticket. I often wondered why I bothered with a
>>ticket when you could probably get a free ride anyway.
>
> I could never see how those TVMs could be still confusing after they
>ditched the 3 zone system for the 2 zone one. One key had one set of
>stations and one on the other side had the other set. The stations were
>listed by name next to the appropiate key.

I found the ticket machines very unfriendly.  First of all the buttons
didn't align properly with the screen - this could easily have been solved
by permanently marking the instructions on the face plate.  There were also
superfluous buttons which didn't do anything.  Secondly of course the
machines didn't accept notes, and there were no change machines.

Probably not as much a debacle as the ticket machines on the ferry wharf
when first introduced - so many questions to be answered yes/no before you
could buy an adult single - the average punter probably spent about 10
minutes at a machine before getting a ticket.

Regards

David Bennetts