Re: Coincidences (was Kew tram depot)

David Proctor wrote:

> David Langley wrote in message <3757D9E8.FD3065D1@ancc.com.au>...
>
> >I occasionally have a think about the route numbers and Z class trams
> >and wonder how many times you can get a tram on the same route as its
> >number. AFAIK most of the existing Z are not at a depot where this is
> >possible. Z1 67 is obviously at Glen Huntly Depot. What about Z1 64 & 3
> >for example.
>
> It is impossible for an A or a B(1 OR 2) to be on the same route as the tram
> number.

That goes without saying. But it is certainly possible for Zs up to 109
to go on the same route as the tram number, in theory. Of course there
are logistical reasons why Zs do not run on the St Kilda and Port
Melbourne sections of route 96 and 109 but technically they can operate
even there.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand