Re: 80th anniversary of suburban electrification

Despite the legal arrangement under which St Kilda - Brighton was built,
and despite VR's terminology, it must count as a tram and not a railway.

Europe has far-more contentious borderline cases.

Under what legislation were Sandringham - Black Rock and Black Rock -
Beaumaris built?

The printing press further along my street is defined legally on parish and
council plans as a church.  Any visitor passing through Surrey Hills by
train would call it a printing press (north-west corner of the level
crossing).

If I flash up a photo of Silverton 27 hauling ore wagons into Burns, how
would onlookers describe the content?

Of course, the terms have become muddied in recent years with the phrase
'light rail', adopted by tram systems to overcome public stigma of the
traditional term.

If I photograph an A at Mont Albert, it is a tram.  If I photograph an A at
Port Melbourne, it is a light rail vehicle.  What is it when photographed
in Victoria Pde?

--
Regards
Roderick Smith