Re: Melbourne History

On 31 May 1999, Roderick Smith wrote:

> This topic is covered in a recent Platform 5 video, on sale aboard the 80th
> anniversary special.
>
> Lots of Taits were burnt; many are on various private properties.
> Lots of Harris cars were dumped in a swamp in Clayton south, and are now
> filled over.
> --
> Regards
> Roderick Smith
> Rail News Victoria Editor
>
> Daniel <danv@primus.com.au> wrote in article
> <928064649.942636@diddley.primus.com.au>...
> > Just wondering if anyone knows anything the existence of past electric
> > trains in melbourne from tait -> 4D and where these trains are at the
> > moment.

Please see my web page for Comeng and Hitachi's not currently in service
(URL below, right down the bottom).

Only 4 Harris trains still exist (except VLine H cars), The two greasing
trains motors (794, 797M) stripped internally and painted yellow. 795M is
in the ARHS Williamston Museum, so is refurbished 903M. (or is that 905M?)

Quite a few Tait's still exist, scattered all over the state in various
conditions.  SteamRail / ElecRail have all the operating cars, plus a shit
load of 'stored for spare parts' swing door and tait cars.

Gareth.

Gareth Lumsden, s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au, glums112@yahoo.com
If you respect your record collection, family, jewellery, TV, video,
friendships, parents, bank balance, rational thought, memory, lovers,
relationship, appearance, health, girlfriend, boyfriend, job, ambition,
education, beauty, teeth, veins, lungs, sense of humour, dignity,
freedom, elegance, laughter, libido, senses, brain, vision,
apprenticeship, studies, character, CD's, finances, appetite, patience,
inheritance, furniture, house, self respect, success, faith, trust,
point of views, happiness, hunger, authority, father, playmate, aunty,
grandma, team, spirit, leadership, wallet, turntable, wardrobe, wedding,
atmosphere, awareness, coins, comfort, CD player, connections, democracy,
freshness, get up and go, travel plans, trophy collection, obligations,
piggie bank, loyalty, video player, white goods, imtimacy, telephone,
values, time, accounts, attidtude, amusement, apartment, grace,
training, plans, offers, company, romance, charm, love, laughter, life,
and of course your mother, you will read all of this bull shit.
You may even wish to visit Gareth's Railway Web page:
http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~s9763278.