Re: novelist research - Sydney/Melbourne travel in 1939

David Bromage wrote:

> I think the Melbourne Express and the Melbourne Limited Express were two
> different trains. The MLE was the all sleeper train connecting with the
> Spirit, and the Melbourne Express connected with something else (the
> Albury Express?).

Both trains arrived close together at Albury and connected into both Victorian
trains - The Spirit of Progress and the Albury Express. The normal was from both
to the Spirit (going to Melbourne) but to all intermediate stations the Albury
Express was your train.