Re: Ex-Hammersley Iron SD50s & C36-7s....Where Are They Now?

Chris Stratton wrote:

> John Engleman <PCCSTREETCAR@webtv.net> wrote in message
> 2572-379FC2E1-10@newsd-113.bryant.webtv.net">news:2572-379FC2E1-10@newsd-113.bryant.webtv.net...
> > NRE purchased them, and I understand that they are in Mount Vernon,
> > Illinois, and will use reporting marks of NREX with their old Hammersley
> > numbers.   Will these be the first diesel locomotives ever to operate in
> > revenue service on two continents?

If you're asking about any two continents, our (Greek) Alco DL500 were
working
in parallel with their brethren, as the various kinds of USA- and
Canada-imported diesels, from the sixties era.

I refer you to the page http://alcoworld.railfan.net/greek.htm
for US/Canada-built diesel motive power in Greece. Also, for more
details, I suggest you look at the European Railway server, at
http://mercurio.iet.unipi.it/

Regards,
Nick Fotis.