Re: 82 class in Vic

etdsc wrote in message <379F7843.67A1EE32@mail.charon.net.au>...
>Gday all,
>
>This mornings CRT train ex Sydney seen at Sunshine about 7.00am
>was headed by 8169, 8242 and 8257.
>
>Is this the first visit of 82's to Victoria??
>
>PS: I presume it was the CRT train
>
>Regards, Robbie
>Melbourne, Vic

Hi All,

>Just returned from the GNRS depot where I photographed and video'd 8257 and
8242. They arrived on 4SM4 today. Also I spoke to Paul Moore and he
confirmed that both 82's are going to Adelaide on 6MA3 Patricks tomorrow
night (Friday 30/7), for evaluation by ASR. He also indicated they are
looking at possibly running the Patricks with EL's and we may see them on
evaluation trials in the next few weeks.

GNRS will be running a repeat of last Saturday's operation to Albury with a
rail train to drop off rail at the loops being extended on the NE standard
gauge. Watch out for GM22 and T377 or double T's departing around 05:00 to
06:00 Saturday morning.

I should  know a firmer time tomorrow afternoon and will post then for all
interested.

Regards

Peter J. Sweetten
aeropics@tig.com.au