Re: RIP ASW?

Yuri J Sos/Melbourne <steam4me@enternet.com.au> wrote in message
379e2cf8.1398665@news.enternet.com.au">news:379e2cf8.1398665@news.enternet.com.au...
> With the imminent demise of ASW, one assumes the LDSUs will be
> progressively removed from locomotives and sprinters.
>
> What is to become of DICE, or does that involve a separate control
> unit in the cab?
>
> Regards

DICE will continue to be used, the DICE equipment is incorporated in the ASW
display unit, using the display unit & numeric keypad to call the code for
the loop concerned. This could be done from a new type unit, but why would
you spend the extra money when the current units will do the job?

I would say that FV will continue to use the current units until
replacements are required or DICE is done away with, the latter is most
unlikely as DICE is a good relatively cheap system to install and operate,
(compared with manning these locations).

Bob.