Fare rises in NSW

The following comes from Yahoo Australian news (which is really the ABC
Online):

The NSW Opposition leader, Kerry Chikarovski, says it would be unfair of the
Government to allow an average 14 per cent increase in rail fares in Sydney.

The Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal has approved the increase
from August 1.

There will also be an average 14 per cent rise in ferry fares and a smaller
increase in bus ticket prices.

Ms Chikarovski says the Government promised last year that if fares were to
go up, they would increase only at the rate of inflation.

"This is bad news for commuters," she said. "At a time when we've got Sydney
traffic already congested, when we've got the system out of control in terms
of security, to be increasing fares by 14 per cent is totally unfair. The
Government must reject this fare increase.'

Peter
"Chaos, panic, disorder - my work here is done."