Re: Cars make more economic sense than transit: fact

Loren Petrich (petrich@netcom.com) wrote:
>In article <3796547B.844E51C@highway1.com.au>,
>Iskandar Baharuddin  <brengsek@highway1.com.au> wrote:
>
>>The "studies" of the advantages of public transport invariably
>>leave out one key factor: the value of the time of the
>>passenger.
>
>	However, one may like to have one's time available for doing
>things other than driving, which can be the case in public-transit systems.

Not much in the way of useful work can be accomplished on transit-scams.
On those few occasions where I've ridden mass transit (except for
airliners), I've almost never seen people doing more work than reading
the newspaper, and the environment seemed to make that very difficult.

--

 "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;
  like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master.

    -- William Pitt (AKA Pitt the Elder)