Re: Cars make more economic sense than transit: fact

Iskandar Baharuddin wrote:

> Loren Petrich wrote:
> >
> > In article <3796547B.844E51C@highway1.com.au>,
> > Iskandar Baharuddin  <brengsek@highway1.com.au> wrote:
> >
> > >The "studies" of the advantages of public transport invariably
> > >leave out one key factor: the value of the time of the
> > >passenger.
> >
> >         However, one may like to have one's time available for doing
> > things other than driving, which can be the case in public-transit systems.
> >
> I can read on a train, but not on a bus.
>
> What can one do on a bus other than ogle pretty girls?

While the latter is also something you can do on a bus but not in a car,
might I ask why you can't read on a bus? I catch up on my best reading
on the bus. Or are you too busy oggling the female passengers to be able
to concentrate on your reading?

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand