Re: XPT Sleepers

Ron BESDANSKY (formerly Ron BEST) wrote in message ...
>A hotel or motel does not charge twice as much if a room is occupied by two

If you look closely at the rates in most hotels/motels, you will find that
you usually pay by THE ROOM for either one or two people (there are
sometimes exceptions to this) then you pay a small amount for any extra
people in the room .

So Countrylink (and GSR and QR) are actually more generous than most  - they
do not actually charge for any small children accompanying 2 adults.

If you want a two berth compartment to yourself you pay for two fares and
two sleeping berth fees - I know at least one way of minimising the extra
amount you pay if you want sole occupancy - and it is very simple! I will be
very happy to handle bookings for anyone that wants sole use of a two berth
compartment - just contact me!

Tony Bailey