Re: CityRail (Sydney, NSW) diversions (a long gunzel posting)

trendy rechauffé wrote:

> I was on a City bound Illawarra train that Saturday morning. The 4 cars were
> crammed from around Rockdale.
>
> This happens on many weekends.
>
> It must put off irregular users who would expect some comfort on weekends.
>
> Why cant we have some six car sets or even eight cars? You only expect to
> have to stand during peek hours on weekdays.

I agree, but I think the reason for it is to have mostly Tangaras running on
weekends.  Up until the lateset timetable change, all weekend services were
Tangaras.  At least we build up our trains for special events.  I was in
Brisbane on Anzac Day, and there was no way all the marchers and spectators
could fit in to a 3 car Brisbane City and Roma St train at 09:00 from Northgate!

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard