Re: More problems with Metrol?

Christopher_Martin GORDON <cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au> wrote in message
7mhioo$svs$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU">news:7mhioo$svs$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU...
> : Have just heard on the radio that there are no trains (with exceptiopn
> : Dandenong, Frankston lines) running via the City Loop and people have
been
> : advised to catch trams due to yet another 'glitch in the computer
system'.

> Yes another Metrol computer crash about 5:00pm, I gave up and caught the
bus
> home.
>
> Belgrave/Lilydale line in the last 6 days has had:
> 2 Metrol computer crashes and
> 2 accidents stopping trains (on the same morning)

The signalperson at Camberwell told me at about 6pm that "the computer had
gone down again this evening, for about half an hour - there were a whole
lot of trains at Flinders St and no-one knew where they were supposed to
come or go from".

Apparently there were big problems getting things back in order - I waited
for 20 mins at Camberwell for a city bound train, the 5:48 (?) was
advertised on the display units, then the 6:02, alternatiing between
stopping all stations and express to Richmond, then the voice announcement
told another story.  Eventually a rather full train left at about 6:10,
stopping all stations.

What was amazing is that when I finally did get to Flinders St, the two
trains on pfm 2&3 were stuck there for about 20 mins...would have hated to
have been behind that waiting to get in on a platform!

Reuben