Re: Titfield Thunderbolt on video

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999 11:48:09 +1100, David Bromage
<dbromage@omni.com.au> wrote:

>David Johnson wrote:
>>
>> David Bromage wrote:
>>
>> > This topic is often revisited in this newsgroup, but it's worth yet another
>> > mention.
>> >
>> > Copies of the Titfield Thunderbolt are currently on sale at Angus and
>> > Robertson bookshops (at least in Sydney and Canberra) for $9.95.
>>
>> What about the Great St Trinians Train Robbery?
>
>I didn't see it there. I did see The Ladykillers which also features
>trains.

Not the Ladykillers!!! Please, please, let's not start the discussion
about where all the deaths at the end occur :) :) :)
(there was a 'famous' thread about 2 years ago in uk.rail - prolly the
biggest thread I've ever come across in a news group :) :)

(BTW, AFAIR the general consensus was it was the GasWorks tunnel, near
Kings Cross station ..... pleeeeease don't make me go back thru my
Steam Days magazines :) :) :)