Re: Booked out Melb XPTs

Maurie Daly <mauried@commslab.gov.au> wrote in message
mauried.362.378AC772@commslab.gov.au">news:mauried.362.378AC772@commslab.gov.au...

> I suspect that the above is correct in so far as Govt run
rail services go ,
> but I would be interested to know just what subsidies GSR
receive for running
> the IP , Ghan  and Overland other than subsidies to cover
concession
> fareholders which they are required to carry at a loss.

In the following submission:

http://www.ncc.gov.au/nationalcompet/part%20iiia/rail/SA%20N
T%20Certification/submissions/Great%20Southern%20Railway.pdf

GSR state:"Great Southern Railway purchased the passenger
operations of the former
Australian National Railways Commission in late 1997. It has
operated
without subsidy since then and has.....".

--
Mr Notagunzel.
Rail Transportation Connoisseur.