Re: Declining oil traffic

Rod <berlina@bigpond.com> wrote in message

**SNIP**

> Although I hate to be this negative, I can only agree with you Maurie! I
> just followed a new type of truck along the Freeway to Albury a few days
> ago. I don't know how they call it, but
>  B-Triple should tell you what I saw. It had a 'short' tautliner ' van
> section, and was followed by two normal size tautliners. Had no
advertising
> on it whatsoever, and left the last tautliner at The end of the Freeway in
> special Truck parking bay before continuing into NSW in its shortened
form.
> The Prime mover was a New Ford with Bogie drive, and each set of wheels
that
> supported the trailing sections were 3 axles .

And I wonder who will pay the increased cost of road maintenance and
construction to meet the standards required of these new vehicles?? The
trucking companies must love Australian governments that seem so determined
to make sure taxpayers money is used to help the road industry at every
turn.

It always suprises me that the ARA doesn't produce a set of commercials for
TV that educates the public to the money they are paying to subsidise the
road industry (sorry for the preaching).

Ben Staples