Re: GENERAL: Irrelevant (Warning: going more OT here)

Hi,

Unless of course you decide to use it for a less bloated operating than
Windows, like Linux or BSD... At home i used to run a 486/DX2x66 with 6mb
ram, with Linux (Slackware 3.6) and a web proxy (Squid - same as most
ISP's use), and it worked fine.

In relation to the original post however, I am unsure what I could find a
486 going for these days, but you might want to try some of the following
Australian newsgroups as a pointer:

aus.ads.forsale.computers
aus.ads.forsale.computers.used
aus.computers
aus.computers.ibm-pc

Thanks
Michael

Steven Hurst scribbled something with a chicken feather on 9/07/1999 in