Re: Thats Interesting!! optus newsgroup crash??

John Dennis wrote:

> On Tue, 06 Jul 1999 22:13:23 GMT, steam4me@enternet.com.au (Yuri J
> Sos/Melbourne AUS) wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 6 Jul 1999 17:15:23 +1000, "Rod" <berlina@bigpond.com> wrote,
> >and I selectively quote:
> >

> >>Also only 14 new postings over night
> >
> >53 postings since 2300 Tuesday,  all headers match bodies.
> >
> >Also using Agent 1.5 (a bullet proof news/email/reader, IMHO).
>
> Yes.  Having heard that someone else has the same problem as I have
> seen from MPX/Optus, I am comfortable that Agent is not the problem.

I Know from a work e-mail that there where problems with the OPtus feed of
some sort, I don't have the msg anymore.

But I wouldn't trust Optus as far as I could carry there server. (and
knowing the size of news servers I wouldn't be able to pick it up)

I know how bad there links are as I can remember the on call pages going
off at 11pm because there link which we don't use for traffic got it's
nickers in a knot.