Re: V/Line "C" class

John Regan wrote in message <01be3927$73829cc0$LocalHost@default>...
>Can anyone let me know the physical diamentions of the V/Line "C" class, as
>well as how many are still in service.  I remember reading that they were
>all laid up.  Are they all runners or not.
>
>Cheers
>

>John Regan
>reganjd@clear.net.nz
>ph ++64 3 384 0675 (home)
>ph ++64 21 362 143 (mobile)

According to the Railmac book 'Vicrail Locomotives 1982' the dimensions are
as follows: Length 19.35m, Weight 134t. According to the 1996 edition of
Leon Oberg's 'Locomotives of Australia' the weight is 132t. AFAIK from
reading this ng all are in storage, one has a broken crankshaft.
--
Regards,
Chris Stratton