Re: History of Transcontinental.. Is there a book?

Richard Sadleir wrote in message
<920159770.16033@estelle.paradise.net.nz>...
>Its difficult here in distant NZ to find out good books on Australian
>railway history.
>Does anyone know of a relatively recent authorative history of the line
from
>Kalgoorlie eastwards ?    I would be very grateful for this information
>Richard Sadleir

A book published last year called 'Riders of the Steel Highways' written by
Monte Luke, is the story of the Commonwealth Railways from 1917 to 1975.  It
is an excellent book.   It is available from the Port Dock Railway Station
Museum in Port Adelaide  South Australia.