Re: Balloon loops on Australian tramways

"Ron BEST" <ronbest@bigpond.com> wrote:

> Mosman Wharf (partly broken in last years?)

No, broken relatively early when the scissors crossover was installed
with the advent of bogie cars on the North Sydney system.

> The Spit (Manly side)

Also The Spit (Mosman side)

> There were two around-the-block loops in the city designed for short-working
> cars to turn quickly without blocking through services (should be one at
> Lonsdale St crossover in Melb!):
> George St-Druitt St-York St-Market St-George St (closed when York St was
> made one-way with opening of Harbour Bridge)
> George St-Hay St-Parker St-Barlow St-George St (or did it go to Pitt St?)

There were three.... also one at Chalmers St.

I posted a full list of Sydney loops in aus.rail a few months back.

Cheers,

Bill