Re: How Many Passenger Carriages Does GSR Own?

Alex Walker <alexw@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
36D0EBB0.444F@ihug.com.au">news:36D0EBB0.444F@ihug.com.au...
>David wrote:
>>
>> Can anyone tell me approximately how many carriages G.S.R has?
>>
>> Is there any R.O.A cars amongst them?
>>
>> Is there any other cars around Melbourne, Keswick?
>>
>> Does Prith have any spare IP cars to add to the train if need be?
>>
>> How many cars have been painted in the new silver livery?
>>
>> What is the longest of each train to run?
>>
>> Anyone know?

>There is a listing of GSR carriages, etc in the December 1998 issue of
>the ARHS Bulletin, page 503.

That list is somewhat confusing as it shows a number of vehicles that are
not actually owned by G.S.R. The following cars are only leased SSAF27,
SS44, ACC223 (conference car), SSA260 (Commisioner's car), DF232, ARL249,
AFC937, HGM296 - the Commonwealth Government still owns them. SS44 and
SSAF27 are stored at Port Augusta (I suspect G.S.R. does not want them any
longer).

A number of other cars have been sold, including EI84, AFB137, AK1, B1&2,
BKL3, BE358, BF345, VRS232&233.

Chris Drymalik