Re: Minor Magical Mystery Tours on CityRail.

Ron BEST wrote in message ...
>>What happens if the normal electric locos are replaced by diesels for some
>reason? Is there an override, or do they change the train number?

The train number must be changed in accordance with the motive power being
used at the time. This is everyday practise at places like Rockhampton which
is the end of the electrification. Northbound freighter arrives Rocky as
C279 - EL off, DEL on - departs as 6279. C = Electric loco hauled freight
(max 80km/h), 6 = Diesel loco hauled freight (max 80km/h).

Our geometry car (MMY004) runs around Brisbane from time to time. Sometimes
it is scheduled to do a mixed run. When the panto is up, it is called HMY4,
when it gets to the end of the wiring, they tell the controller when the
panto is down then renumber it 0MY4. H = electric departmental train, 0 =
diesel dept train.

Regards

Matt Smith
Brisbane, Queensland