Re: More trivia

Hamilton, Wickham and Civic on the Newcastle (NSW) branch - a train from
Sydney to Newcastle ( a down train) crossing a train from Newcastle to, say,
Singleton (also a down train).
Though I suspect you'll tell me that the Sydney-Newcastle service becomes an
"up" train at Hamilton - directionality on the Newcastle branch dates from
when the "Great Northern Railway" was an isolated system (pre-1887) and
Newcastle was its "London")

Rgds
Ron BEST