Countrylink Woes

The Countrylink buffet discussion leads me to comment on the announcements
made by the train staff.

I travelled on 8621/ST-2 last month and it seemed as though someone had
reopened Pentridge Prison!   The few dos and lots of don'ts were delivered
in a very dictatorial, threatening and unfriendly manner, so much so that
one wondered if breathing was still permitted on the train.   To cap it all,
somewhere near Chiltern, a search of the sleeping car was made in order to
find a person who had the audacity to smoke in one of the compartments.

Surely, it is possible to deliver the necessary information, etc., in a less
confronting manner - one that might not discourage the occasional traveller.

On the plus side, a light breakfast was delivered to my compartment quite
unexpectedly (only reasonable at 95 $/bed).   When did this commence?

Cheers.
--------

Regards

David Hennell