Re: Queensland Storms

John Regan wrote:

> We have been seeing the storms around Brisbane on the news here in New
> Zealand and hear tonight that there are huricanes approaching Cairns.
>
> How badly do these storms effect the running of trains in QLD?
>
> Cheers
>
> John Regan
The tilt train was stranded on Tuesday (not too sure where, maybe
Cooroy?) as flood waters covered the line south of Gympie. Maryborough
was cut off yesterday, so I suspect that trains have not been running
too regularly this week. I have not noticed the usual exodus of frieght
trains that go past here (Brisbane) between 16-18:00 every day. Trains
have also been stranded at Cairns. I suspect services will be back to
normal by tomorrow