Re: Learn to drive a steam locomotive (Get Away holiday)

 Been there, done that!!!!!! or at least my wife Sue did last year!!!!
A lot better than just that pull this, touch nothing else.  Cost $125

Teddy Hancox runs it for ARHS Q. He is a relaxed teacher and he made
the day extremely enjoyable. Starts at  8 am and you go all day. You
do several trips on the complete line with some as fireman and the
rest as driver.

Teddy posts out a large wad of writtem material some weeks before and
you are expected to have read these. No test but it saves time
explaining the basic stuff on the day...more time to "play" in the
cab. You take your own lunch and Teddy cooks it on the shovel for you.
Suggest something worthwhile as you are doing physical work all day.

I am going to line up myself.

Cheers
Peter Cokley