Re: Blacktown to Richmond line

While we're on the topic of this line, I worked my first train out there for 12
months a couple of days ago.  The new crossing loop has been laid at Clarendon,
but the track is not yet ready for trains (needs to be tamped).  The overhead
wiring is also installed over the new loop, and a brand new 8 car length platform
has been constructed opposite the existing one.  The old racecourse platform has
been completely demolished with the exception of a 1 square foot section of brick
which is sitting on top of the new platform.  The double track from Blacktown
continues almost to marayong on concrete sleepers, but is not yet ready for
traffic either.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard