Re: Cooma cessation

Roderick Smith wrote in message <01be5167$7f3c6b60$492e11cb@rodsmith>...
>In reporting the commencement of tourist services from Cooma at the end of
>1998, somebody claimed that this was a decade after the cessation of
>scheduled passenger services.  Should this have been two decades?  When was
>the last scheduled passenger service to Cooma?

I remember catching a train there sometime in the mid 80's - was a 3-car DEB
set - was seven cars to Canberra, where the tnig divided, the back three
going back to Queanbeyan then down to COoma - the front four returned to
Sydney as a midday train.

Another four cars came down to Canberra as a midday train, mated up with the
three cars that returned from Cooma and formed a seven-car train from
Canberra to Sydney.

DaveP