Re: Re-opening of Mudgee line.

On Sun, 31 Jan 1999 13:16:35 +1100, Chris Brownbill
<cbrnbill@enternet.com.au> wrote:

>ARHS Bulletin - January edition says that the Kandos to Gulgong section
>is to be re-opened to freight AND PASSENGER traffic!

A local museum group has shown an interest in running an occasional
passenger train to Mudgee.   As far as I am aware, there is no
proposal by Countrylink to run a regular passenger service to Mudgee
.. UNLESS, of courser it is directed to by the Government (as with
Griffith and Broken Hill) when doubtless a CSO payment would be made
to subsidise the unprofitable service.

I would suggest that one rads the Action for Transport 2010 reports on
the subject ... and remember that there is an election on 27 March!

I am still waiting to read the Opposition's public transport policy.

Hunslet.