Re: WA question...

Stuart Foster wrote in message <36B67C0D.C1CFAE75@argo.net.au>...
>Is the disused line from Donnybrook to Katanning (via Kojonup) still in
>existence - or has it been pulled up? And is it single or dual track?
>
>Thanks,
>Stuart.

Stuart;
the line from Donnybrook to Kattaning via Kojonup is pulled up.  It was
pulled up about 3 years ago and had not been used for about 12 or more years
before that(I think). At Kojonup - if the other tourist had taken the time
to look - the old station building and some of the yard is preserved and
still in existence on the west side of the highway over near the swimming
pool.
It was single line only, as is all of the Western Australian system except
for the suburban electrified area and the dual gauge from Cockburn to Avon
Yard.
As a matter of interest the line from Narrogin to Collie via Bowelling and
from Bowelling to Wagin was pulled up during the same project's period.

Brian