Re: High-voltage track circuits

In <386B25E0.620F2374@ozemail.com.au> David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> writes:

>"C. Dewick" wrote:

>> Actually, Mortdale yard (the new signalling) has J/S track circuits I think,

>That would explain the 2 Hz clunking from the trackside boxes.

Yes, the boxes are designed to house two feed or receiver modules per box,
and there is one in the yard at Mortdale which contains only a single feed,
so the whole box resonates just like a stereotypical submarine sending out
continuous sonar pings when you walk past it. Quite eerie after dark... 8-)

Regards,

Craig.

--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport