Re: [Melb] Free Travel in Melb/Vic on Xmas Day & New Years Eve

: To be fair, the opposition transport spokesman pre-empted this announcement
: by calling for this previously,the idea was probably in their favour box
: already and would have been on the cards for quite awhile.
: But who cares as long as they do ;-) ;-)

I don't realy care, I just don't like the games the government/opposition
play.  As far as I am concerned it was the current governments idea,
because if the current opposition had the idea why didn't they do it last
year?

I hope they do this every year now.  Xmas and New Years should be free,
just like most sporting events now the Public Transport to/from is free
(well the sporting event pays for it, as for this free transport it
comes out of the Bayside/Hillside/Yarra/Swanston/Vline budgets, but
hand on why is the government giving these companies money, I though
now it is not government run, the government doesn't give the
operators money.  I think we have been tricked here)

: > The government in Victoria have decided to make public transport free
: > in Melbourne after 6pm on 24th of December and all 25th of December.
: >
: > And again after 6pm on the 31st of December and all 1st of Jan.
: >
: > National Express have also included all V/Line services.
: >
: >
: > See what happens with a change of government.
: >
: >
: > I think this is one very good idea.

--