Re: Return of Its Academic!

"Roy Wilke" <"royboy"@ DELETETHISbit.net.au> wrote in message
385cf6a9_2@news.ausmail.com">news:385cf6a9_2@news.ausmail.com...
> > Q5.  Princes Bridge, Redfern, South Brisbane, Hobart, St James.
>
> There is a railway station at each of these places.

Technically there is no station at Princes Bridge.  In the late 1980s the
platforms were renumbered and became part of Flinders St.  Now, all but one
(platform 14?) have been demolished.  The remaining platform is an emergency
platform beneath the new Federation Square project.

> > Q10.  Uranquinty, Bendigo, Port Melbourne, Egelabra
>
> A rail service connects these places to somewhere else.

Port Melbourne's heavy rail service (the first railway in Australia,
possibly the southern hemisphere [?]) was closed in 1987 and replaced with a
light rail service.  However, there is still both heavy and light rail
stations there.  That is, there were last time I was there.  Unless it was
demolished as part of the Beacon Cove project.