Re: Return of Its Academic!

Kym Columbine wrote:

> Got me there then.  My answer was based only on the Victorian Stations -
> didn't know about the other state ones.  Other alternative is that they are
> the last Station before the end of the double track?? Still doesn't account
> for Lithgow though.
>
> Kym
>
> Chris Brownbill wrote in message <385C51A5.9CFC97AE@enternet.com.au>...

> Tallarook,
> >>
> >> End of Double Tracks
> >
> >Very very close - but needs to be a bit more specific.  As someone else has
> >pointed out Wallerawang is the actual end of the double track, and many of
> these
> >stations aren't QUITE the end of the double track.

Actually I'll give it to you - they are all the furthest station on each line to
which you can travel from the State capital on a passenger train before reaching
single track.  It works for Lithgow because Wallerawang has no passenger train
service!  In the cases of Kangaroo Flat, Garfield, Tallarook, Burwood and
Toodyay the double track continues up to but not into the next station (Bendigo,
Bunyip, Seymour, Ashburton amd Northam respectively), whereas for Junee,
Lithgow, Geelong and Gawler the double track continues right into the stations
but ends soon thereafter.