Re: nsw carriage codes

How about this for a theory on how NSW carriage codes codes turned out to be the
way they are.

Initially there were three classes of travel - first, second and third and they
used the codes A, B and C to designate these classes.  When the number of
classes of travel was reduced to two, the old first class was abolished but the
luxury carriages retained the "A" code (sleepers, diners and lounges), the old
second class became first class and retained the "B" code, and the old third
class became second or economy class - but instead of getting the "C" code,
because the commissioner of the time had a lisp, he referred to it as "Fird"
class - hence "F".  :-}

Well, you do better then.