Re: new XPT cars order

James Brook wrote in message <3859C485.6620DC47@ozemail.com.au>...
>Dave Proctor wrote:
>
>> The 422's don't look Countrylink either, but at least 42220 matches the
>> cars. 81's don't though. At least an EL would look better and more modern
>> than an 81.
>
>I prefer the look of an 81 compared to an EL. I have never liked the look
of
>the EL's or the AN's.

It does come down to a matter of personal preference, but looking at it from
a marketing viewpoint, they would probably think that an ordinary member of
the public would like the shovel nosed look as being more futuristic, etc.

Although since most of the passengers are concession fares captive to rail,
they probably could not care less anyway.

Dave