Re: A considerate loco driver! And some Illawarra line questions....

Bradley Torr wrote in message <01bf47c1$5aba9220$241f083d@default>...

>Dave Proctor <daproc@spambait.umpires.com> wrote in article
><83aiao$5om$1@news1.mpx.com.au>...
>
>> Then they [Manildra wagons] were grain (or flour) wagons.
>
>They carry flour in open containers? Ack.......

They were open wagons? They look like the NHRH and NHPH coal hoppers, but
they have roofs on the top. If they haad Manildra on the side (and coding
starting with M, I think) then they were grain or flour hoppers.

>> No - a piggyback wagon is one on which the entire trailer on which the
>> container is carried is placed.
>
>What's the proper terminology for a standard container wagon then? Flatbed?

Container wagon?

Dave